Here are some thoughts that have popped into my head while I’m out on the streets. It’s easy to see how they relate to life, business, relationships, etc. That’s one of the many great things about running.
- The pain of the effort is forgotten when the euphoria of accomplishing the goal kicks in.
- If you just keep taking steps, you’ll get to your destination and your past gets further behind you.
- It’s a lot easier when you’re with somebody than when you’re alone.
- Ran my normal route, but in reverse. Lesson = A simple change can makes things seem easier. Churchill said “A change is as good as a rest.”
- Realistic expectations & accomplishing the goal. That’s what it’s all about.
- Thinking about how hard it might be is much worse than actually getting up and doing it.
- You have to keep the finish line in mind. Once you can see it, you’re home free.
- Small, regular improvements add up to significant long-range improvements.
- A challenge can help you find energy you didn’t know you had. (In this case a dog that was not on a leash.)
- There are always people more and less accomplished in any given endeavor. It is best to focus on strengths and not be discouraged or prideful.
- Endurance is the result of endurance.
That’s it for now. I’m sure there will be more in the future.